Find a practitioner

Please note we don't recommend particular organisations or individuals, but provide information to help you make your own choice. 

If you feel unwell your best starting point is usually your GP (family doctor). GPs are trained to assess, treat and manage many mental health issues within primary care (the community rather than in a hospital). Your GP can refer you to your local community mental health service or elsewhere if needed. or they may be able to manage your illness themselves.

If you need help to find a GP, there are several ways to do this. You can:

These resources are collated and provided here by the Veterinary Council of New Zealand. Content owners keep all copyright and further distribution will need to be checked with owners directly.